F-4E Phantom II HAF AEGEAN BLUE Hasegawa 1/48 Art:George Roidis

F-4E Phantom II HAF AEGEAN BLUE













After completing the basic construction, I prepared the template for the painting process. I wash the soap with water to remove the grease from my hands and the remaining dust. The first stage began with spraying the model and fuel tanks and other Mig Ammo primer '' One Shot ''. Using primers we can detect any defects in our models and prepare the surface for color.
The next step was to spray the bottom of the model with the Mig Ammo / Alclad Gloss Black Primer (ALC 305) to prepare the surface for the aluminum paint that the actual aircraft had.
After that I have prepared the upper surfaces by rubbing them using Micromesh gradually from 3600 grit to 12000 grit to smooth any rough texture.
Next step by spraying the bottom surfaces in various light layers with Mig Ammo / Alclad Aluminum (ALC 101)
  I have covered the painted bottom surfaces with cover tape and started preparing the upper shaft, flap surfaces and fuel tanks using flat black (Tamiya).
Then started the fun stage ....
So, I started painting by spraying the basic color of '' Blue Aegean Cammo '' which was the Mig Ammo ANA 608 Intermediate Blue (FS 35164)
He then began spraying different areas with different color ratios using the basic color mixed with white and white (Mig Ammo 050).
 Based on actual aircraft reference photos I realized they had some very faded areas. So I used a mix of colors that was trying to get the best possible result. So I used the basic color mixed with the flat white and a few drops (not too much) of Pastel Blue by Vallejo (70901). I think I came close enough to the real one!
I wanted to give some depth and shade to my camouflage pattern, so I sprayed the panel lines and concrete panels using Tamiya's X-19 smoke.


  



  Note: The 2 parallel black areas with white outer margin on the spine / wing back and the inner and outer grid areas painted by me in red and white because there is no Hasegawa decals for those areas!
Then it's time to seal the color and so I used the excellent new Mig Ammo Gloss varnish from the "Lucky" range
It is time to redefine the exhaust area and so I used the Mig Ammo / Alclad Gloss Black Primer (ALC 305) to prepare the area for NMF finishing.
  Then I used Alclad's Gloss Aqua Varnish (ALC 600) to seal the lower surfaces (pic 100)
Wheel seats and brake area are painted white and interior green based on reference photos.
To finish the NMF of the upper evaporation area, I used Mig Ammo / Alclad Duraluminium (ALC 102) and a mixture of the same color adding 2-3 drops of       
Evaporative Jet (ALC 113) for the darker panels in the same upper areas ..
For finishing the NMF of the lower exhaust I have used Mig Ammo's Duralumin (ALC 102), Jet Evaporation (ALC 113), Exhaust Gas (ALC 121) and various pigments to highlight specific locations.
   Then the discoloration process started and for this project I used decals sheets (48003 & 48004 for stencils). It was a very time consuming stage but well worth it !!!
After the final release phase, I again used the "Lucky" glossy varnish to seal the stickers and protect them from the oncoming weather. I warmed up all the upper surfaces, but tried to avoid the NMF areas.
  The process of air pollution was started on the upper surfaces of the model using washboard boards from the Mig Ammo PLW product line. I chose to use the Mig Ammo PLW 1603 Dark Blue Blue. I think it was the best and most appropriate color for the project. I applied the wash to the panel lines using a finely brushed brush
  I used a cotton swab with some Mig Ammo enamel removal solvents (A.Mig 2019) to remove the line wash. The spatula should have the least amount of diluents. To sink it into the diluents and toss them in a kitchen towel to remove more.
  For the lower surfaces I used the Mig Ammo PLW 1617 Blue Black. I think that was the best choice.
After removing the wash from the top and bottom surfaces the result was very nice.
Again based on reference photos of the actual aircraft, I saw some heat stains and dirty spots in the upper NMF exhaust areas. So I decide to use an Alclad Transparent Smoke (ALC 405) to represent them.
To corrode the rotor blades, I used the Mig Ammo PLW Black Night 1611 and used a diluted stain to clean the surface of the embossing.
Final contacts with the weather related to the new Mig Ammo product which is Oilbrusher. I used black to represent the oil leaks and stains on the wings and areas of the main wings and the vertical fixed. I made small dots of color, let it dry for 10 minutes, and then I shaped and blended them using odorless enamel.

















































Model Hasegawa F-4E Phantom II 1/48 Model Kit + Verlinden Resin + Aires Evaporation